Administrator[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Logo[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
- That's fast! :) And, I hadn't thought of Wikipedia itself, but it probably makes sense to spell it Wikipeediya (like in Wolof). Could you also do the Bambara Wikipedia logo? And, I don't want to ask too much, but the font for the subtitle of this logo might be a tad bit too small..? Guaka 18:58, 14 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Hi Guaka, I monitor recent changes on all inactive Wikipedias, so as soon as I noticed the site subtitle was translated I created a logo :) Unfortunately, the subtitle can't be made any bigger or there will be rendering problems in some browsers (the logo needs to be kept at 180x155 px, which often means a smaller font size...) --Node ue 15:31, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Admin[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Hi Guaka. If you come back, there are some spam pages to get rid of.
- Thanks for the maintenance here! I just confirmed my email address. So next time you can send me a message from here. Guaka 21:55, 15 April 2006 (UTC)
Fulfulde[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
You asked me, "You don't speak Fulfulde by any chance?" No, I don't. My interest in this wiki is mainly to track article counts, but on occasion I might also be able to fix obvious wiki errors if I come across them. - dcljr 04:19, 23 April 2006 (UTC)
Vandalism[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
I reverted the vandalism by the user and reverted his page moves, too. Unfortunately, it was not possible to move every page back because he sometimes edite the redirecting pages. But you can now simply go through ff:Category:Candidates for speedy deletion and follow the eventual instruction on the pages I have proposed to be deleted, just like "delete, then move AAAAAAAAAAA to here" (and delete the obsolete redirecting pages). It should be ok then. Greetings, Pill 10:01, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Les caractères spéciaux du fulfulde[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Bonjour, Guaka! Comme administrateur, est-ce que vous pourriez modifier la liste des caractères spéciaux au dessous de la boîte de modification? Il y manque quelques lettres utilisées en peul/fulfulde et il y en a quelques-unes qui n'y sont pas utilisées du tout. Donc, voici la liste des caractères essentiels pour l'orthographe d'un ou plusieurs dialectes peuls:
ɓ Ɓ ɗ Ɗ ƴ Ƴ ŋ Ŋ ñ Ñ ɲ Ɲ
Quant aux autres caractères, je dirais que seulement ceux qui sont utilisés en français ou en anglais devraient être gardés. Les locuteurs natifs du fulfulde écrivent d'autres langues très très rarement (si ce n'est pas l'arabe, dont tout l'alphabet est différent). Alors, on peut effacer au moins les suivants: ā ḍ ē ī ō ṅ ṇ ś ṣ ṭ ū. En revanche, on pourrait peut-être y ajouter les caractères français manquants: Â â Ë ë Î î Ï ï Ô ô Ü ü. De l'autre côté, ce n'est pas la Wikipédia francophone, donc faites ce qui vous semble bon. Merci beaucoup! Malhonen 19:39, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- C'est fait! Merci pour l'attention! Guaka 13:55, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, merci. J'ai remarqué que vous avez pourtant enlevé même des caractères bien utilisés en français (ce qui n'était pas mon intention). Donc, voici la liste complète regroupée en trois parties (fulfulde, français, ponctuation):
- ɓ Ɓ ɗ Ɗ ƴ Ƴ ŋ Ŋ ñ Ñ ɲ Ɲ · à À â Â ç Ç é É è È ê Ê ë Ë î Î ï Ï ô Ô œ Œ ù Ù û Û ü Ü · « » “ ” — – ’
- Malhonen 14:27, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
Forms of Fulfulde[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
I do know something about the different forms of Fulfulde/Pulaar but probably nothing more than what the Ethnologue would tell you. I can read and write Pulaar of Fuuta Tooro (fuutaŋkoore, language of the Toucouleur, ISO 639-3 fuc) to some extent and differentiate it from Pulaar of Fulacunda (fulakundaare in Casamance, also fuc) and Pular of Fuuta Jallon (in Guinea, ISO 639-3 fuf), but that's where my knowledge ends. Hopefully some day I will be able to write articles in Pulaar myself, but at the moment my skills are too meager for that, so I'm restricted to pretty insignificant stuff like templates etc. I have seen AfrophoneWikis, it seems pretty interesting. Malhonen 14:27, 4 April 2007 (UTC)
About small translations[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Sorry to bother you.
I know that you had specified on you userpage that you do not prefer people bothering to get translations into small language Wikipedias; especially if the people being asked for translation help do not speak the language at all. However this time I believe that User:Amkoullel is a native speaker and that there is at least a 1% chance that he/she will be able to help me.
Yours Sincerely, --Jose77 02:20, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- There is also a significant chance (>1%) that the person does not even read English. And there is a smaller, but still significant chance that someone will stop contributing to this project. So I'd rather have you wait requesting people for translations until there is actually a community that can help you out here. But in the meanwhile, feel free to ask people around you if they know someone who writes Fulfulde, or pay a translator to the translation for you. Thanks, Guaka 16:43, 17 June 2007 (UTC)
- Greetings Guaka,
- I have changed my mind and have decided support Amkoullel for administrator.
- Amkoullel did reply on my talk page a few months ago that he was willing to help me later when the Fula Wikipedia has sufficient content. Therefore I will respect his reply and stop bothering him in the meantime. I give my sincere apologies to you if I have caused any inconvenience.
- Please forgive me.
- Yours Sincerely, From --Jose77 13 septembre 2007 à 21:52 (UTC)
Bonjour Guaka. J'ignore si tu as vu mes interventions ici. Les stewards ont compris depuis longtemps que Jose77 ne mérite plus qu'on présume la bonne foi. N'hésite pas à me contacter si tu veux plus de renseignements. Dans l'immédiat, je te conseille de le bloquer pour très longtemps. guillom 14 septembre 2007 à 17:26 (UTC)
- Greetings Guaka, I know that Guillom wishes to have me blocked. But I have never vandalised or spammed any article before. Both English Wikipedia and French Wikipedia have entire pages devoted to helping out translation requests Here and Here. I came here because there were no native Fula speakers available there.
- For the past few months, through the kind help of native speakers, I have helped translate the Interface messages of Mongolian, Nepalese, Fijian, Hawaiian, Cambodian, Tibetan, Burmese, Zulu and Xhosa, Setswana Wikipedias into their native languages. Although it is true that I have asked those native speakers for translation requests, I have also helped many of them to become Sysops in their native language so they could translate and administer their local language editions. I hope user:Guillom can show some gratitude and appreciation to my contributions and think several times before attempting to block me. (It is true that I have made several mistakes in the past, but we are all human and would sometimes make foolish mistakes. As Christians, I hope you can forgive me)--Jose77 15 septembre 2007 à 09:49 (UTC)
- I will finish our discussion with this Bible passage (intended for User:Guillom):
- "Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God." (Book of Acts 5:38-39) --Jose77 15 septembre 2007 à 10:14 (UTC)
- I don't want to cause any unnecessary harm. I think blocking is only warranted in extreme cases, definitely not in this one. Jose, I do think that you did good work, even just on the Wikipedias that I'm involved in. But please don't bring up the translation requests the first time that someone wants to apply to become sysop (and help translate). I know it's hard to be patient (I am a very inpatient man myself), but please, just leave the translation requests for later. :) Guaka 18 septembre 2007 à 00:35 (UTC)
admin rights[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
ANyway how did you manage to get administrator rights if you just asked they normally refuse so explain!
- It was 2005. Different (..or no clear) rules, that have changed since then. Guaka 22 mars 2011 à 11:23 (UTC)
Request for translation. Yanka Kupala and Yakub Kolas[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Warm greeting from Belarusian Wikipedia! This year we celebrate 130. birthday of Belarusian great poets en:Yanka Kupala and en:Yakub Kolas Could you help us to translate articles into your unique and honourable language? Thank you in advance! --Rymchonak (discussion) 8 juin 2012 à 05:36 (UTC)
Your admin status[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
Hello. I'm a steward. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus recently. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on ffwiki, where you are an administrator. Since ffwiki does not have its own administrators' rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights, and demonstrate a continued requirement to maintain these rights.
We stewards will evaluate the responses. If there is no response at all after approximately one month, we will proceed to remove your administrative rights. In cases of doubt, we will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact us on m:Stewards' noticeboard.
- Thanks for reminding me of checking this wikipedia sometime. I would have deleted some pretty spammy stuff if I had the rights for this now but unfortunately you just took them away. Guaka (discussion) 3 Duujal 2014 à 21:10 (UTC)
Re: Adlam alphabet on Fula Wikipedia[taƴto ɗaɗi wiki]
I see that this user was replacing the latin alphabet articles with the Adlam alphabet content (which was subsequently reverted). I fully agree that the latin articles ought to remain here, however the Adlam alphabet is becoming increasingly popular amongst the Fula people and perhaps we could have both alphabets co-existing side by side here? I propose that the Adlam alphabet pages be created as prefixed subpages to prevent the article counter double-counting those pages. Let me know of your thoughts. --DaveZ123 (yeewtu) 24 Seeɗto 2020 à 17:46 (UTC)
- I have included Fula as part of this list of languages which are written in multiple writing systems.
- I recommend that the Latin to Adlam alphabet converter be installed on Fula Wikipedia to enable all Fula articles here to be readable in the Adlam alphabet at the click of a tab (eg. Serbian Wikipedia, Kurdish Wikipedia). --DaveZ123 (yeewtu) 25 Seeɗto 2020 à 03:56 (UTC)